Thursday, January 31, 2008

! ! ! !

Kids can say the cutest things. I've heard many humorous things over the past 6 years of teaching. Unfortunately I forget them, so I better write about what I hear right away. In kindergarten we learn about punctuation, commas, periods, question marks and exclamation points. One of my students got pretty excited about an "Eskimo Point" (!) in her book today.

Earlier this year, I was looking at a book of types of transportation with a young man. I was quizzing him about the names of various vehicles. Motorcycle, taxi cab, helicopters etc. When we got to the picture of a limo, the thought a moment and said, "It's a pimp car". I think "Pimp My Ride" has a little influence on the world.

Check out the Brevig Mission School blog for more about the news in kindergarten.

1 comment:

James and Charity said...

I was babysitting the other day and we were watching the snow trucks remove the snowbanks on the road. The three year old little girl said, "Those are my boys!" as if they moved at her command!

--Charity